Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

I just ran across this project on another blog, and I must say that it completely intrigued me! Through teaching, I have really enjoyed getting into the whole Artist Journal scene. I haven't been able to dive into it as deeply as I would like, but my sketchbook is totally my creative outlet!!!

There is something about the layering and the multitasking that fits my life so well! I can only do a little at a time, allowing me to complete the other thousand things my day entails, but leaves a special treat to go back to! :D

So, now that I have a little one, who is ALMOST here :D, I thought this project would be a fun relief from the day to day schedule.

Basically, I will be sent a journal that I can transform in any way I want!!! I chose the them "It will be fun, I swear." I have until January to complete my journal and send it back in for it to be part of a nation-wide exhibition! After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. I can go there, and check out MY OWN BOOK! :D

The Art House site gives more details if you're interested, including:
    Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the US.

    After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

    Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project. To participate and have us send you a sketchbook that will go on tour, start by choosing a theme…

Again, I chose the them "It will be fun, I swear." I am really all about the fun! Plus, I figured this would be a great way to document this new stage in my life! So, what "chapters" do you suggest for my "fun" theme? I would love to have suggested topics to use to get my brain going. Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Also, please let me know if you decide to join this project! You don't have to be an "artist!" I am just so excited to be a part of an exhibition, and to basically be published!!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really neat! I am not much of an artist, but I definitely can understand the part about being excited to go back to the sketchbook to create. Sometimes, at the end of the day, I just put on some worship music, get out some colored pencils and kind of doodle while I listen. Anyway, sounds like a fun idea! Maybe we'll get to see some of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete