Thursday, February 25, 2016

Take Heart!!! John 16:33

I was riding along in the car yesterday while the kids were at school, and thankfully remembered that I was a grown up and did not have to be listening to Strawberry Shoetcake!  I switched over to KLove and heard Building 429's I'm Not Home Yet. I was singing along, rock'n to my jam when the line "When the earth shakes I want to be found in you" 
This phrase jumped out at me! I've heard this song before, but the Lord used it this time to remind me of his power!!! I was recently reading in John 16 where Jesus was telling his disciples that he was about to leave them. The disciples were confused and a little scared at what Jesus had said was going to happen, so at the end, he wrapped it up with
 ““I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.””
John 16:33 NIV
Take Heart!!! HE has overcome the world!!! If there was ever someone to cling to in times of upheaval, despair, or everyday "earth shaking," it would be the ONE who has overcome the world!!! ***insert war cries, cheers of jubilation and high fiving!!!***
Now, to OWN IT!!! What an amazing truth!!! Those trials, uphill battles and daily struggles? Hand. Them. Over!!! Jesus knows they're hard! He went through worse! But he OVERCAME them so he could carry your stuff too!!! 

Wow. Right?!  Let that sink in! So, when your world shakes, run to Jesus. Hand him your stuff. Heck, throw it at Him and cling to him!!! Trust me, he's big enough to carry everything AND wrap you up in his arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment