Thursday, September 29, 2016

Remember What the Lord has Done!

I was reading in Deuteronmy this morning when I came across chapter 4 verse 9. 

“Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
This jumped out at me!!! Last year, and he excepted a new position as the dean of students at a school and hour north of us. We decided to stay where we were, and not move until we knew he really loved the job. After a year of him traveling two hours a day, we realized that that was no longer the best thing for a family. Truth be told, I think I knew we were supposed to move A year ago, however I did not want to leave our amazing church family, the kids school, and are fantastic neighborhood with many conveniences! As the year progressed, I felt more and more the consequences of not stepping out in faith and following the Lord.

Once we decided to move closer to his job, the Lord opened many doors for us. He sold our house in one day, and provided a new home for us in the exact time.! It has land, and is allowing many new adventures for us as a family! I have felt at peace with this entire move knowing that this is where the Lord has planted us. As times of doubt found opportunities to slip in, I continued to remind ANDY of the Lord's faithfulness and provision for us.
I used the new Documented Faith "Teach" kit as I journaled because I want to always be reminded of God's faithfulness in our lives! I want the kids to know that we are where we are because The Lord chose to put us here!

You can order your own kit here!
Www.spreezy.com/documentedfaith/35

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar story. My employed husband became unemployed and we also became homeless as we couldn't pay the rent with no unemployment check. The unemployment office denied it as our car broke down and we didn't have the money to get it fixed. I knew in my heart we would be moving across state lines, but had no idea where as we had no money for a down payment on a place to live. We were in a great church too that treated us like family and helped us so graciously. God took care of us and you too! Isn't he amazing? By the way, I'm a gal in black glasses!

    ReplyDelete