Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pillow Time


A few years ago when my Father-in-law moved into his new home, he gave me a ton of vintage fabric that had been left behind!!!  I have been hanging on to them for the perfect project, and have really started using them a lot recently!!!

I really wanted to make a cute little pillow to add to the toy room, so I dug into my stash, and found this two little beauties...and some puffy ball trim...of course! :)
I put my fabrics right sides together, and then added the trim.  I'm not gonna lie, it took me a minute to remember that those little balls needed to face the inside so that they would be on the outside when I turned the fabric!!!  Lol, Mom brain!
Once they were pinned in, just a few zips of the sewing machine...
and a little stuffing!!!  I had this stuffing laying around from a previous project.  I didn't fill my pillow supper full, but firm enough that it would be comfy for tiny heads to lay on.
And, ta-da!!!!
The floral side is really my favorite.  I love all the pinks on it!!!  This project took me about 20-30 minutes.  It was quick and easy, and I love the odd shaped pillow in the room!!!  So, go make yourself a little  happy to lay your head on!

No comments:

Post a Comment