Thursday, September 1, 2011

Addicted

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm addicted to journals.  :/  It started as a child around the time when I watched Nickelodeon's Harriett the Spy.  Not that I wanted to be a spy, but she carried around this notebook, wrote in it all the time, and just made the whole thing look so cool!

So, over the years, I've seen gorgeous books, journals, and devotionals that I just "had to have," and then they get written in for a while, and then get layed to the side and are looked at for inspiration :)  I am working on this whole not finishing any thing.  And it's getting better.

So, let me introduce you to a few of my journals.  Last year, while shopping at Anthropologie with drool sliding down my face, I came across this book.  It was like the mixed media journals that I make, but with the quotes and writing prompts already inside!  My parents surprised me with it a few weeks later!!! :D  You'll be pleased to know that this book has gotten much use (as you can see by the tabs :)
Ahhh, now, this little gem.  You've seen it before.  I bought it in Chicago this summer, but wasn't completely pumped.  I loved the papers, but wasn't completely sure how I'd use it.  Turns out that while I was waiting for and obsessing over the Smash Journals to arrive, this little guy became my Smash Journal!  The pages are small enough that it's reasonable to work on in a short amount of time, and I've already filled 20 pages! :) wooo hooo!!!
Meet my smile journal.  I ran across this one time, and after searching all of the internet to find out where to buy it, I found it here! This site is adorable, and I bought some really neat Washi tape with it!  It's actually a planner with these adorable little Japanese Kawaii figures all over it!  It's so uplifting and makes me happy! :) ...I'm still working on using it :/...
And lastly, this treasure of a find from my good friend TJ Maxx.  While skimming the books and journals, this guy popped up!!! Unbelievable!!!  It reminds me of Keri Smith's books.  There are so many fun prompts, and the illustrations inside are great!  ...and only $3.99!!!
So, clearly, I have a little addiction.  I don't plan on breaking it any time soon!  The way I see it is as long as I use up what I buy, I'm good to go! 

What is your fun addiction?!

2 comments:

  1. Those are neat! I really like journals. I keep a daily prayer journal in just plain notebooks because the pages are bigger and they're not as heavy to move later. The only problem is that since I started this habit 10 years ago, they have started to take up a lot of space.
    I like the cool journals, too. I have one made of cork where I put quotes that I like. And another one which is a really neat leather, where I used to put poems, but I don't really do that anymore. Now, it's just a pretty, unused journal. Needless, to say, I really like journals, too! Yours look really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO CUTE! I'd be totally addicted, too! And, I am madly in love with your yellow damask background! Who did your blog design? I love it! Mine totally needs a makeover.

    ReplyDelete