Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 Days, Day 1

I decided to participate in the 30 Day Journal Challenge. Janel, over at Run with Scissors, is hosting this 2nd annual challenge for all who would like to journal!!! It's really very open, and she just gives us a prompt every day for the month of June, and we complete a page! I love the creative freedom that is involved in this since there are no specifics as to what type of journal you have to do.
Normally, I would do one of my artist's journals containing my mixed media style, but I really don't have time for that sort of thing right now. So, I rummaged through my studio and found this perfect little journal!!! It has 16 pages, so just enough for one page each day!!! YAY! I knew I'd use it some time! (I seriously think I've had this journal since college!...I might be a hoarder ;)
As you can read in the page above, I am basically doing this to work on my journaling skills. It's really been the most challenging part of my artist journals because I never know what to write! ...I know what you're thinking, "you?! Really?!" Yes, it's true! I guess if I just saw those books as another blog, I wouldn't have any problem! lol! Anyways, I just wanted to try something different!!!

Today's prompt: Create an introduction page. This can be an introduction of yourself or of your journal. This is kind of like the title page for your journal.

Without even knowing it, I had already completed this when I got the prompt!

If you're interested in participating, the button is on the left column of my blog! Now, on to day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment