Thursday, August 25, 2011

Invites

Hey!  Well, T's birthday weekend went off AWESOME!!!  He had so many great friends and family who came to celebrate with him, and well, my baby is a YEAR old!!!!  (drying tears, fixing makeup...Ok, I'm good)

Where are the pictures, you ask?!  Well, they're on my mom and sister's cameras!!!  As soon as I get pictures of the whole party, I'll show you, but until then, here's a little tutorial on T's invites that I made!!!

 Since we had an Eric Carle themed party, I thought it would be fun to include his artistic style in the details.  After I made and printed the invitations, I prepared the envelopes.  In Eric Carle style, I painted different color paper (although he usually used tissue paper).  I then had T color on them, for a bit of a personal touch :)
 Next, I made a template that would fit inside of the envelope, and cut all of the colored pieces to size.
 Next, I glued them in, and stuffed them!!!  I think it added a colorful touch when the recipient opened the invitation!!!
I was pleased with how they turned out, and loved the personalized look of his card!!!  I even used some of Carle's letters for the invite, and it turned out great!!!

Do you have any other invitation or stationary ideas?!  I'd love to hear! 

3 comments:

  1. You are one crafty lady, my friend! I love it! Can't wait to see more...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooooooo cool! I love, love, love the way the envelopes turned out and how perfectly they coordinate with the party theme. Wow, great job!

    ReplyDelete